Big Brothers Big Sisters invites you to go Over the Edge on Saturday, October 14th to provide life-changing mentors for local children.
Over the Edge provides a once-in-a-lifetime experience to rappel 17-stories down a Charlotte skyscraper as you raise funds and awareness for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Carolinas, celebrating 45 years of improving children's lives by providing one-to-one mentors.
- Rappellers (edgers) must be at least 14 years old at the time of the event. All individuals under the age of 18 must have a waiver signed by a legal guardian.
- Edgers must weigh between 100 and 300 pounds.
- Edgers must raise a minimum of $1,200 to rappel down the Hyatt on Oct. 14. $1,300 allows you to descend with a GoPro camera on your helmet. We will reserve your edger spot once you have raised $100.
- TEAM SPECIAL - $900 PER EDGER: If you form a fundraising team of 2 or more edgers, the price for each edger is $900 ($950 with a Go Pro camera).
- Edgers are scheduled every 15 minutes between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. You can schedule your time slot once you've raised $1,200 (one person) or $1,800 (two people).
- No prior experience is needed. Professional and experienced OVER the EDGE staff members will teach you everything for a safe and amazing rappelling experience.
- If the minimum entry fee is not met, the funds are considered a direct donation to Big Brothers Big Sisters with no refunds being provided.
- The event will happen, rain or shine. An alternate date of Sunday, October 15th has been set in case of severe weather involving lightning or high winds. If the event cannot be held on the October 14 or 15 due to severe weather, please note that no refunds will be provided.
Please contact Greg Meitus with any questions about the event: firstname.lastname@example.org, (704) 910-1301 ext. 1034.